Design, Leadership & Product Strategy
Originally from Italy, I started my career in San Franciscoafter graduating from Hyper Island. Since then, my journey into design has evolved across the following phases:
- I spent my formative years designing for digital agencies (AKQA, R/GA, Odopod, Fantasy), where I focused on craft and execution for a large number of verticals.
- I moved to the client side to lead design at Tubi (acquired by Fox in 2020), where I built and shipped an entire product and brand ecosystem iteratively.
- In 2017 I joined Microsoft to bring new thought leadership to Fluent, and most recently I have lead the Windows Design Systems team throughout the release of Windows 11 (shipped October 2021), focusing on strategy and partnerships across disciplines and organizations.
- Most recently, I am the leader of the design organization at Tubi, where I oversee product and research teams.
Today I work as a design executive, advisor and operator with expertise in brand, product and design systems. I am an advocate for agile and distributed work practices, the open web, and free access to information.
- Product Design
- Design Systems
- Developer Experience
- Front-end Development
- Design Ops
I am technically minded and I maintain a generalist
practice as a way to impact all aspects of the customer
lifecycle (with particular attention to brand,
I am intentionally curious, and spend great part of my free time rounding out my skillset through research, experimentation and practice.
I believe in building products incrementally and in leading teams towards professional and business goals through situational and supportive leadership. These are some of the core tenets to my design method.
- Be conceptually coherent
- Lead with a strong foundation and defaults
- Optimize for high composability
- Make it memorable
- Establish the vision by working in the open
- Align organizations by identifying shared incentives
- Motivate teams to deliver excellence
- Meet individuals where they are
- Build trust
- Direct, coach, empower and delegate as appropriate
- Drive personal and business growth
- Know your customer and build for them
- Prioritize ruthlessly
- Ship incrementally and often
- Measure and learn