Design, Leadership & Product Strategy
Originally from Italy, I started my career in San Francisco after graduating from Hyper Island. Since then, my journey into design has evolved across the following phases:
- I started my practice in 2008, designing for digital agencies (AKQA, R/GA, Odopod, Fantasy), where I focused on craft, velocity and design systems across a large number of industry verticals.
- In 2015, I had the opportunity to lead design at Tubi (acquired by Fox in 2020), where I built and shipped an entire product and brand ecosystem iteratively.
- In 2017, I took on a large scale challenge at Microsoft, bringing new thought leadership to Fluent, and leading the Windows Design Systems team through the release of Windows 11 (shipped October 2021), with a focus on product strategy and partnerships across organizations.
- Most recently, I am the leader of the design organization at Tubi, where I oversee product, research and creative teams.
Today I work as a design executive, advisor and operator with expertise in brand, product and design systems. I am an advocate for iterative, distributed and generalist work practices, the open web, and free access to information.
- Design Systems
I am technically minded and I maintain a generalist
practice as a way to impact all aspects of the customer
lifecycle (with particular attention to brand,
I am intentionally curious, and spend great part of my free time rounding out my skillset through research, experimentation and practice.
I believe in building products incrementally and in leading teams towards professional and business goals through situational and supportive leadership. These are some of the core tenets to my design method.
- Be conceptually coherent
- Lead with a strong foundation and defaults
- Optimize for high composability
- Make it memorable
- Establish the vision by working in the open
- Align organizations by identifying shared incentives
- Motivate teams to deliver excellence
- Meet individuals where they are
- Build trust
- Direct, coach, empower and delegate as appropriate
- Drive personal and business growth
- Know your customer and build for them
- Prioritize ruthlessly
- Ship incrementally and often
- Measure and learn