Separation of Concerns in design systems
Product & systems design
Passionate about product design, branding and design systems.
I create coherent experiences that span marketing, brand and product.
I believe in design that is meticulous, scalable, honest and memorable.
- Writing part II of essay: Separation of Concerns in design systems.
- Published part I of essay: Systematism beyond design systems
- I lead a team of design technologists who create and maintain systems dedicated to making Windows a more cohesive and efficient platform.
- Created 2019.teresimo.us
- Published the essay: Brand Value in a Commoditized Market
- Created folder.magur.no
- Creating systems that reduce complexity and increase efficiency throughout the product building process.
- Horizontal design strategy, product planning and envisioning for Microsoft 365.
- Published part II of essay: Governance Models in Systematic Design
- Published part I of essay: Semiotic Constructs in a Design System
- Created drops.serio.us
- Building Microsoft's next design system alongside the Fluent Design System team, with focus on modern design workflows, tooling and technical writing
- Technical direction and design for Microsoft’s first component-based Windows Desktop UWP Toolkit for Figma & Sketch.
- Modernizing design workflows
- Created 2017.teresimo.us
- Design explorations & direction for Fluent Design System
- Designed & launched brand.tubi.tv
- Designed Tubi’s Brand Book, Elegante
- Rebranded Tubi TV to Tubi, Inc.
- Designed & launched Tubi for iOS
- Designed & launched Tubi for tvOS
- Designed & launched Tubi for Android
- Designed & launched Tubi for Roku
- Designed & launched Tubi for Amazon Fire TV
- Designed & launched Tubi’s HTML5 OTT platform for Amazon Fire, Samsung Smart TV & more.
- Designed & launched Tubi’s responsive web app
- Formalized on-boarding practices and cross-department workflows for designers.
- Created and documented a design framework and visual language for Tubi's portfolio of apps
Just press play
- Designed impossible-bureau.com
- Designed & launched snapfish.com
Sharing memories with Snapfish
- Formalized Microsoft Design Language into a public-facing styleguide
- Designed & launched builder.falcon-nw.com
- Designed & launched Botched Face Mashup campaign for E!
- Designed Wind and Words
- Designed & launched rubrik.com
- Judge for CSS Design Awards
- Created teresimo.us
- Designed conceptual UWP applications for Microsoft Build
- Designed & launched falcon-nw.com
- Designed branding proposals for Syptec
- Formalized on-boarding practices and designed the employee handbook for Impossible Bureau.
- Judge for CSS Design Awards
- CSS Design Awards Judges, Featured Interview
- CSS Design Awards Design Stories, Design Stories 1: How I Got Into Design & Why, January 30th, 2015
- Directed and launched impossible-bureau.com
- Rebranded Impossible Bureau
Rebranding Impossible Bureau
- Created feature designs for Xbox One
- Designed platform proposals for Sunpower
- Designed platform proposals for Google Partners
- Designed Android homescreen for Samsung
- Designed platform proposal for USA Today
- Designed and launched Celebrate Human Rights, a promotional site for the UN
- Designed game UI proposal for Zynga Poker
- Designed platform proposal for utah.com
- Designed platform proposal for usga.com
- Designed product design proposal for Disney Parks iOS app
- Designed and launched an internal sales tool for Verizon
- Collaborated to and documented the design language for Xbox One
Xbox Design Language
- Designed & launched games.com
- Rebranded Games.com
- Branded the Game Developers Conference 2015
- Designed, managed and launched Harvard X
- Designed e-commerce proposals for Balenciaga
- Designed e-commerce proposals for Baha Mar
- Managed design for City Bank
- Designed product design proposals for Ezetop
- Designed platform proposals for Fosroc
- Designed product design proposals for Kolhs
- Designed product design proposals for Prime Lending
- Designed product design proposals for Salesforce
- Designed product design proposals for Roundpoint
- Rebranded Roundpoint
- Designed, managed and launched Sony Connected World
- Managed and launched Google Maps Coordinate site
- Designed portal proposals for virgin.com
- Designed product design proposals for Google+
- Design for Google Research Hub
- Designed and launched Google Green Zeitgeist
- Designed, managed and launched Google Project Rebrief
- Designed and launched Google Ads Case Studies
- Designed platform proposals for Audemars Piguet
- Designed product design proposals for Apple
- Designed product design proposals for Google
- Designed campaign proposals for Sony
- The KDU, Solstice x 2011, New York: The Keystone Design Union, February 2011
- Lecture on Design Process for Hyper Island's Master Class
- Designed NikeID Portable Module
- Designed multiple Nike Digital Storefronts
- Designed nike.com product detail pages
- Photography art direction for Niketown
- Designed large scale in-store display art for Niketown in Tokyo, JP
- Art direction and design for Cole Haan
- Designed platform proposals for Oblong
- Various Authors, Graphic Design Inspirations, Cologne: Daab Media GMBH, December 2010.
- Future Publishing, “Create a Stunning Portfolio“, Computer Arts Projects #136, April 2010, p. 33.
- Various Authors, Über Games, Biberach an der Riss: Über Books, January 2010.
- Various Authors, Designer’s Playground, Biberach an der Riss: Über Books, January 2010.
- Apparel design for Nike Football
- Designed campaign proposals for Lexus
- Designed platform proposals for Taco Bell
- Designed marketing proposals for Johnny Walkers
- Designed digital campaigns for Target
- Designed campaigns for Nike Training
- Designed campaigns for Nike Basketball
- Designed campaigns for Nike Running
- Designed campaigns for Nike Sportswear
- Designed campaigns for WNike
- Designed campaigns for Nike Soccer
- Future Publishing, “Promote Yourself”, Computer Arts Magazine #169, December 2009, pp. 36—42.
- Craig Grannell, “Illustration Process“, Digital Arts magazine October Issue, p. 34.
- Participant at Cut&Paste 2009 in San Francisco, CA. February 2009.
- Contributed to the design and launch of mcdonalds.com
- Communication design for GAP
- Product design incubation for Microsoft handheld devices
- Product design incubation for Microsoft desktop software
- Platform and product design for glossom.com